Bartosiak Law LLC regularly represents physicians, physicians’ organizations and other medical providers in connection with all aspects of healthcare law.
Our healthcare practice includes counseling in the following areas:
Health Care Law
Harry Bartosiak previously served as in-house counsel for a national health care company. A list of representative healthcare transactions follows:
- Represented numerous Chicago area medical practices in connection with all aspects of business and regulatory needs.
- Represented healthcare related entity and real estate developer in connection with development of a surgicenter.
- Negotiated and structured a joint venture between a hospital and an unrelated healthcare entity to own and operate an emergency services facility.
- Negotiated and structured a joint venture between a hospital and a privately held healthcare entity to establish and staff a skilled nursing facility.
- Represented numerous medical practices in purchasing and selling commercial real estate properties.
- Represented medical practices as both landlords and tenants in numerous commercial leasing matters.
- Represented the established Chicago area medical practice in connection with the purchase of the practice by a large medical group.
- Regularly represented medical practitioners in connection with the fraud and abuse laws, including the “Stark” self-referral law, the Anti Kickback Statute and Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- Organized numerous healthcare entities and drafted and negotiated related documents including partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, and operating agreements. Also drafted and negotiated employment and shareholder buy-in/buy-out agreements.
- Counseled medical clients in connection with the certificate of need process as well as licensure issues.